Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sneaky




My friend Sarah tagged me. I'm guessing it is a sneaky way to get me to update the blog. I guess I'm a lapsed blogger. I'll keep trying though if anyone is still reading and will stand by through my lack of blog commitment.
Anyway, here's the tag thing, and then I'll give some updates:
I am: ready for lunch.
I know: that I will have PB & J (my favorite!).
I want: to get married right now.
I wish: it was our wedding day now.
I hate: mean people (I know, I know--hate is a strong word).
I miss: my mom.
I fear: too much.
I feel: mellow (except I have to pee).
I hear: the heating/cooling system.
I smell: like my perfume, shampoo, and deodorant.
I crave: chocolate
I search: for cute shoes.
I regret: not much.
I love: Matt.
I ache: for a puppy and a cat.
I care: about lots of stuff.
I always: drink coffee black.
I am not: skating right now. Bummer.
I believe: in a great God.
I dance: a lot. I love to dance. But not at dark, smoky, crowded clubs. I love to dance at home, or at a wedding, or on the ice.
I sing: at church and in the car.
I cry: when I feel overwhelmed.
I fight: to protect those I love.
I write: about memories I don't want to forget.
I win: at love. I am blessed.
I lose: sleep when I won't get off the Internet.
I never: pass up the chance to pet a puppy.
I confuse: skating moves sometimes.
I am scared: of snakes (ditto, Sarah). Terrified is more like it.
I need: rest.
I am happy about: getting married!
I hope: I make it to the Olympics.

Kinda neat tag, huh? Anyone reading this? Consider yourself tagged (Anne, this means you! :)

Okay, so Lake Placid was wonderful. Sometime I will devote a post entirely to that (though I've included two of my pictures at the top of this post). The highlights included: getting violently sick in Niagara Falls (never eating chicken tenders at the Hard Rock Cafe again ...); seeing the Olympic torch, ski jump, bobsled run, ski hill, and of course, the ice rinks!; skating on Olympic ice; skating pretty well; hearing my name announced by an official announcer from U.S. Figure Skating; meeting new people; the hot tub at the hotel (affectionately named "The Grotto"); Hercules (our new doggie friend); Leslie's "Blue Moon" routine; walking up the hill to the competitor party in the snow; singing at the top of our lungs on the way to the Price Chopper; Total Eclipse of the Heart--'nuf said; getting to wear a competitor badge and feel like a rockstar; getting Tide in my eye the night before competing and talking myself through it by saying I could get by with one eye; the Scoob; throwies; seeing the ice on the first day of competition and getting teary.

It was a wonderful trip that I will remember always. There's something magical about Lake Placid, and aside from that, it was one of the best things I could have done to take off for a week right before the wedding. It put a lot of details in perspective, and being isolated from everything else really helped me to relax.

And the exciting news!! Next year, Nationals are in our hometown!! So I'll be competing again, hopefully at the Gold 1 level.

Okay, wedding things are going well, though I'm starting to feel the pressure of crunch-time. I'm so excited though. I have my final dress fitting tomorrow, a hair and makeup trial on Saturday, and a bachelorette party on Saturday night. Special thanks to Kara and Nicole for organizing that. We're ordering food tomorrow, and flowers are pretty much all taken care of and specified. I still need to finish making programs, make a seating chart and placecards, and lots of other little things, but in 16 days, we'll be married! We cannot wait! And then it's off to Jamaica for a week! Thank you to all who have followed along with these plans. I appreciate all of your interest. Hopefully I'll post again before the wedding; if not, there will definitely be pictures afterward!

3 comments:

meganhoeksema said...

sooooo exciting! I can't believe it is only six days away! :o) You better post a ton o' pictures when you get back.

Becky said...

It's about 15 days, Megan. Sorry to disappoint. :) Though 6 days sounds good to me!!

Anne said...

I'm still here and reading! Though I guess you knew I would be--now I'm going to have to update my blog too ;-)

Way to go being an official ice skater... Very cool.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow for the bachelorette party!