Friday, May 16, 2008

I Am Thankful ...


Every so often I like to make a list of things I'm thankful for--just to keep it all in perspective and to remind myself how blessed I am. Today I am going to share my list with you:




I am thankful for:




1. My really cute new notecards from Papyrus (they're thank-you cards for wedding stuff).


2. Getting to dog-sit the PAWS dog, Daisy, in my office the other day (a really sweet black lab!).


3. Spring weather. This is my favorite time of year. I just hope it holds on for the wedding.


4. My facial the other day--pure relaxation. This was a splurge for the wedding. I'd never had one before, and I would highly recommend it.


5. Sleeping in (this one is always on my list).


6. My mom. She's pretty cool to say the least. And Matt--for obvious reasons. They are my best friends.


7. The baby ducks in the pond behind my apartment. They are the tiniest little duckies I've ever seen in the wild. They swim around and explore and are about the size of a rubber duckie. I'm tempted to live in the apartment forever just so I can see them every spring.


8. The awesome HUGE clock my colleagues gave to me at my work shower yesterday.


9. Handwritten letters.


10. My brother's chocolate lab, Oscar.


11. Getting married next week!


12. Being able to say I'm getting married next week!


13. Homemade strawberry jam on my PB & J.


14. Watching The Office on Thursday nights. Made better by the fact that the next day is Friday!


15. Gilmore Girls on DVD.


16. Driving with the windows down.


17. And so much more! This is just one installment. Maybe I'll do a regular post, like "Thankful Thursdays" or something.


18. Oh yeah, I'm thankful for my blog readers too!

3 comments:

Aletha VanderMaas said...

1. LOVE Papyrus stuff :)
2. The weather WILL hold out.
3. I am a facial virgin.
4. I must see this giant clock.
5. Gilmore Girls = awesome
6. I'm glad I'm a blog reader :)

Anne said...

Good idea. Good perspective.

I love baby duckies too, but they have nothing on baby penguins (except that you don't usually see a baby penguin in your backyard). But if you lived in Japan, you could see this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDN3L621ASI! Not a baby, but still sooooo cute.

meganhoeksema said...

I am thankful for Becky!