Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rhine--Stoning


"Rhine-stoning..." In my head, I'm singing that along to "Sledgehammer" or "Brass Monkey," take your pick. I'm leaving this week for Lake Placid where I will compete in the U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships. As one of my friends says, we're "America's Finest." Or something like that. Possibly America's most humble people because we're doing something many consider us too old to do, and it just so happens to be very easy to fall not-so-gracefully while doing it. But it's oh, so fun, and I can't wait to attend my first Nationals.




In order to get ready, I'm adding the finishing touches to my costumes. For my free skate, I'm wearing the long-sleeved dress, I believe. I'm skating to a string quartet version of Coldplay's "Yellow." My big goals are to land my axel and to work with my nerves. My other program is an artistic program to "Then He Kissed Me." It's a very fun program; I just have to get in character, which is a challenge for me since I don't like to ham it up on the ice.




So I'm going for the gold (and the silver engraved plate they give you if you win--I'd totally eat off of it). And then in under 50 days, I'm getting married!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hey Becky--good luck out there! Hope it goes well, and I'm sure your rhinestones will dazzle 'em.

So are you going to be back in time for the Festival of Faith & Writing? Last time we talked you thought you might be gone that weekend.... My mom wants to know if you're coming too. Hope to see you there!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Post on skating please! And pictures?