Monday, May 19, 2008

Babies!




Here they are! Our adorable babies that inhabit the pond behind my apartment. Matt took these awesome pictures. I love the fact that I can just step out on the balcony and watch so many creatures in action. It's like our very own petting zoo!

On Saturday, Matt pointed out the baby geese that are also out there! They haven't been in the water but just kind of wander around the grass, looking for food. The babies are cute, though I don't care much for adult geese. They can be kind of mean, and they're trying to take over the pond, and I'm siding with the duckies. There was also a big, beautiful blue heron out yesterday. I was sort of afraid it might go after some baby ducks. If that had happened, Mr. Blue Heron, your rear would have been mine.
Much of the weekend was spent peeking out the window every few hours to see what the animals were up to. But we did get a lot of other stuff done too. Friday night we went out to Holland and then decided to eat downtown at the New Holland Brewery. I had a fantastic burger and the best chardonnay I've tasted. It's from the local Fenn Valley winery so I'm going to have to see if I can get us some more.

On Saturday, Matt and I joined our friends Dave, Melissa, and Scott for a 5K walk called "Stomp Out Stigma." It's designed to educate people about mental health and treatment. A cause I very much believe in. After the walk, we went out to eat at The Grand Coney, a local place with amazing food. I had a yummy omelet and English muffin toast. Other Saturday activities included running errands, cleaning, organizing wedding stuff, and doing a little work at the office.

On Sunday, we went to church and then I enjoyed a nice long nap. Oh, how I love naps! I did a little more work, dusted, organized the closet (and made room for Matt's stuff), printed menus for our wedding reception, worked on some DIY projects, started packing for the honeymoon, etc., etc. I feel very good about what we've accomplished.

My mom will be in town today and staying for almost a week! I'm off work after tomorrow. Can't believe I'm getting married this weekend! Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Anne said...

You've become such a good little post-er!