Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lock in Your Votes!

Last weekend, my mom, Matt, Emily, and our wonderful DOC, Aletha, visited the reception site to finalize some details. I'm going to need to slightly modify our centerpieces since the tables are smaller than I was imagining, and there will be more of them. Originally I was going to use square glass vases, filled with several types of white flowers: roses, hydrangeas, and peonies (everyone tells me tulips are difficult to keep nice for that long--boo). I'm still planning on using these flowers, but I'm looking at smaller containers. This is where you come in. I've got a few ideas, but I'd like your opinion. Which of the following do you like? Or do you like a combination?

Choice #1: Southern hospitality: the mint julep cup

Something I love: silver mint julep cups. How elegant would these look with white flowers in them? I could still place larger arrangements on the big tables.




Choice #2: Stay with the clear, square vase

I will still use the square glass vases, but instead will get smaller ones for the little tables and a couple larger ones for the head table and the tables that seat more people.


Choice #3: Stemless wine glasses

How cool are these stemless wine glasses? Wouldn't the black look glamorous? They could easily be used as flower vases.

Choice #4: Old half-pint glasses

I love the clear glass and the simplicity. Looks appropriate for a vintage garden wedding, doesn't it?





Choice #5: Hobnail vases
I've always loved the look of these vintage white vases. I'm pretty sure a few are floating around my grandmothers' houses, and I know I could find more at antique stores.



So what do you think? Your ideas are appreciated!

4 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

I really like those black stemless wineglasses. That would be SO chic on the tables. I also really like the clear square vases, but goodness, those black ones really make quite the statement (and also bring the black into the table!) So, my vote is 50/50!

Becky said...

Thanks Aletha! I'm leaning toward the black too. And they are from Libbey glass, whose factory store I will be near next weekend!

Anne said...

I have not voted because I like them all... the black ones are very cool though. I know it's going to look fabulous :)

p.s. We did tulips in those square vases for the reception tables. So I think it's doable. Heck, we even had tulip boutonnieres. The florist had never done one before, but I thought they looked great and held up well. All of this was in February though...

thediaperdiaries said...

I am going against the grain and voting for the square. I don't really know why, but I think they look very classy.