Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feeling Inspired

I'm feeling inspired today. To write, to arrange, and to update my blog. Finally.
I'm feeling inspired at work today too. I've got some exciting projects that I feel invested in.

In other news, Matt and I are house hunting and have found 4 very good possibilities. It's a little scary, and your prayers are appreciated. We hope to have wisdom to make the right decisions and to manage our money well.

Last weekend, I spent the day in Detroit at a spin and footwork seminar led by Alissa Czisny--who is pretty much my favorite amateur skater. She is so amazing. The seminar lasted four hours and consisted of a warmup that was more like 45 minutes of boot camp, and then 3 hours with skates on. The things I learned though were life-changing for my skating. I left there feeling completely exhausted and hurting, but my motivation was flying high. Now it's Thursday, and my legs finally don't hurt anymore. Just in time to get back to the skating tomorrow. So far, I've been off this week since we've been house hunting.

Check out Aletha's blog today. She has a post that mentions the typewriter we used at our wedding! My precious grandpa gave me this typewriter and it's one of my most treasured possessions. And while I'm on the topic of weddings, I know I promised to make more posts with our wedding photos. Well, that's in the plans, but if I'm going to be posting right now, those posts aren't going to happen. I'm working on making a Blurb book of our photos and am hoping to have it finished by Christmas. I also want to make a slideshow with ShowIt. So many things to do with Amy's wonderful photos.

And finally, and most importantly, today is Matt's birthday! We made omelettes for breakfast this morning and he opened his presents. Later today we're going to the Whitecaps game and then having friends over for cake from Sweet Cakes Design--the lovely bakery that made our wedding cake. The decoration of the cake is a surprise. I can't wait for Matt to see it! Happy Birthday Matt!

And if you're reading, can you throw me a comment? I know I'm sorta pleading here, but a girl needs some love and motivation to keep on blogging. Love y'all.

*The photo is one I snapped on our honeymoon. Matt is watching the storm come in.

3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

(...throwing comment...)

SO glad you blogged today. I really miss your updates.

WOW! So excited about the house hunting. Keep me posted! I'd love to know what area you're looking in :) Alger, perhaps? There is a supa' cute house for sale on our street...

YES! I was going through old photos last night and remembered I wanted to highlight your typewriter. Love that shot from Amy.

Last thing...I'm envious of you eating a Sweet Cakes Design cake this evening. Can't wait to see a photo of it.

Miss you, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm not commenting because you pleaded, I'm commenting because I'm so glad you're back to blogging!!

What projects are you really excited about? Are you going to post pictures of the cake? I miss you!

Anne said...

Ditto on the reason for commenting! And we want pictures. And more news about house hunting. aaahhhhh!!